Infographics is slowly but surely gaining popularity in the virtual world. Many content writers, copy bloggers, and online marketing professionals such as those working at seoexplode.com take advantage of infographics to generate more traffic into websites. Infographics is one of those SEO content types that will definitely give good results in driving higher volume of traffic to the website and increasing the page rank at search results.
Just how beneficial is infographics to search engine optimization?
By taking a look at the online world, it is fair enough to say that the infographics has more force of attraction that just plain text. And here are the common reasons why people just love to read infographics compared to other SEO content:
- They can be used on the web. The infographics have one goal and that is to grab traffic in the virtual world. The digital world is slowly transforming into a new media that allows users to consume information without having to browse through big blocks of text.
- Complex ideas are easily simplified. With the infographics, people can easily comprehend what a text is trying to convey if t is paired with the right pictures.
- People are generally visual creatures. 50 percent of the human brain is involved in visual process. More than half of all the sensory receptors in the body are found in the eyes. Most of all, it is easy for humans to get the gist of things with a visual scene. It only takes a fraction of a second for the brain to process that.
- It is very familiar. The infographics are designed with the visual aids that people are familiar with. Examples of those visual aids are the illustrations, charts, graphs, diagrams, captions, and icons. Due to the familiarity of these key items, people will less likely to object with what they see on the infographics.
- Sharing is easy. When it comes to the virtual world, being able to share any information or data to friends, family members, and colleagues is a must. Not only does sharing information feed people’s desire for knowledge, it is also a way of keeping in touch with other people. With infographics, it should be easy for people to share content. Content creators will also make use of infographics because of this particular advantage. Content created in the form of infographics can be easily spread out to the online world.
- The information shared travels well. This large-format image is actually designed for better accessibility in other platform. Infographics are hence considered as multi-screen portable. They can be used for slides or they can be printed on paper.
- They are less taxing. Information is being processed by the brain as long as one is alive. Whether a person is sleeping or awake, there are data pieces that are being processed into information. With the infographics, it should be easier to process the information being shown.
- Data allows people to thrive. For example, just by a simple presentation of data from content professionals, people’s thirst for knowledge will be triggered. That then drives exploration, discovery, motivation, and learning that can then result to things that the current civilization will find useful.
- There is story to be told. Storytelling tactics are now being employed in infographics. This tactic will include characters, conflict, problems, and resolution. As the story is being told, people will relate to the journey the characters are going through.
- Branding is being promoted. The more infographics are shared online, the more the brand travels with it. The image found in infographics will most likely contain the company’s logo and website.
- It is being collected. Infographics are actually now being collected by users. It may not be that they download it to their computer and stockpile it in a folder. What is commonly used when collecting infographics is bookmarking it or pinning it to Pinterest. Users usually accidentally browse through an infographic and deem it necessary for future endeavors. And that is how they end up collecting infographics.
- People search for infographics. While some people accidentally finds the infographic they need, some people may actually have to search for them. Instead of looking for content that has big chunks of text, the infographics should make it easier for them to understand what they want to know. The search demand for infographics is extremely high nowadays.
- These easily dominate a page. Since the infographics are commonly large-format images, they tend to take up a lot of space in the website. They are quite colorful too. These are key essentials to keeping the attention of the readers. With the large size and colorful appeal, infographics tend to keep the readers away from any distractions.
The infographics are images that SEO professionals will want to use. After all, it allows them to easily reach their goal of increasing a website’s page rank. There are many benefits to these large-format images so taking advantage of them is definitely a good choice.